Friday, March 27, 2009

So Much Done!

I am proud to write that a lot has been accomplished in my first 2 months on sabbatical. We just published our first newsletter, by next week the website will be launched. All my tutors are in place and seem to be enjoying tutoring tho sometimes they kind of do what they want despite my lessons. I guess I can live with that particularly since I told them they could do that! Next year I will tell them to follow the lesson plan closely. I am getting another school up and running. It's a lot of work but not as much work as it was getting myself up and running at my home school. I have started teaching and remember how time-consuming teaching is. You have to prep, teach, review and then prep again. It is fun, tho. Our second session of the after school program has begun, as well. We have tried to be too accommodating and have too many students in our Wednesday group....again changes for next year. We will limit the number of students and only have them come in grade-level groups. It's all a learning process. Now I will get the other school set up to function without me, go on some visits to see exemplary programs for kids who are highly capable in math, and look for money so we can start the after school program ealier next year and so that we have money for student journals for the program that we are using. All in all......excellent progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment