Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Passing of the 7th Day

So, things are coming along. I have a visit planned to the M3 project in March. I wish it was sooner, but March is better than not at all. I have a contact at the high school who wrote that he was excited about the project and about the tutoring aspect, in particular. He said he would get me the tutors I need. That was on Thursday and I haven't heard from him since. I also heard back from a principal and she wants me to come over to look at a couple of their highly capable math students. I think the first thing to do is to test them to see where they are at and then to develop a plan based on the Everyday Math program and state standards. And then, either I or a tutor will work with them. I have also made headway on the website so am psyched about that. The afterschool program has not met as frequently as it should because of the nasty New England winter. We did have one online project, a bit chaotic having all 16 kids on the computer at once, even had one in tears! Hard to address all the needs and work with a computer set up that kept turning all the words I was projecting onto the screen into computer symbols! But, 7 days passing and all is moving along very well, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment